Directorate General of Lighthouses & Lightships Vacancies 2013
Directorate General of Lighthouses & Lightships,
‘Deep Bhavan’, M.G.Road,
Ghatkopar ( East ),
Mumbai – 400 077 ( Maharastra ),
Phone No : 022 – 25068390,
Fax No : 022 – 25060996,
Email : email@example.com
DLL invites applications in the prescribed format from eligible Indian Nationals for the post of Navigational Assistant Grade III in the Directorate of Jamnagar, Mumbai, Cochin, Chennai, & Vishakhapatanam.
Name of Post : Navigational Assistant Grade III.
Number of Navigational Assistant Grade III Jobs : 23 ( Twenty Three ) ( UR – 12, SC – 04, ST – 02, OBC – 05 ) ( E – SM – 03, PH ( OL ) – 01 ).
Pay Scale for Navigational Assistant Grade III Jobs : Rs. 5,200 – 20,200 GP Rs. 2,400.
Age Limit :
The lower and upper age limit indicated will be reckoned as on 31st, January, 2013. The upper age limit is relaxable as under subject to submission of requisite certificate. The upper age limit relaxation for other categories like Ex – Servicemen, Physically Handicapped candidates etc will be as per the admissible rule of Government of India for the recruitment to the post as on 31st January, 2013. For Government Servants it is upto 40 years.
- 18 – 27 Years as on 31st January, 2013.
- The age relaxation is
5 years for SC / ST candidates.
3 years for OBC candidates.
- No age relaxation is allowed to SC / ST / OBC candidates applying against unreserved vacancies.
DGLL Recruitment Process :
- Applications received will be shortlisted on the basis of marks obtained in the essential qualification examination.
- Written examination contains objective type questions for the prescribed post.
- There will be negative mark in written examination and marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer
- The Director of Lighthouses & Lightships, as its discretion may hold additional skill test / interview if consider necessary for all or for a limited number of candidates as may be deemed fit by DLL.
- The date, time and venue of the written examination will be fixed by the DLL and will be intimated to the eligible candidates / hosted on website www.dgllnoida.gov.in in due course. Request for postponement of the examination, change of centre / venue will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- The stage of examination is single stage examination followed by interview & verification of original documents. Based on the performance of candidates in written examination the candidates will be called for the interview. During document verification, the candidates will have to produce their original certificates. The candidature of the candidate not producing the original certificate on the date of verification is liable to be forfeited.
Educational and Other Qualification Required For Direct Recruitment :
Essential : Diploma in Electronics or Tele communication or Electronics and Communication or Electrical and Electronics from a institution recognized by Central Government or State Government.
DGLL Examination Fees :
- Examination Fee of Rs. 100/- for unreserved / OBC candidates & Rs. 50/- for SC / ST candidates, in the form of crossed Indian Postal Order or a crossed Demand Draft valid for a period of three months to be drawn at any nationalized bank in favour of “Director of Lighthouses & Lightships, Mumbai” payable at Mumbai. The IPO / DD should not be obtained earlier to the date of issue of this Centralized Employment Notice or after the closing date of receipt of application. Remittance of examination fees in any form except IPO / DD will not be accepted.
- The Candidates should write his Name, Date of Birth and Postal Address on the reverse side on the DD / Front side at the space provided in the IPO. The particulars of IPO / DD submitted as examination fees should also be filled while online application / indicated at the prescribed place in the application form.
- An application not accompanied with IPO / DD or requisite amount wherever required towards examination fees will be summarily rejected.
- No examination fees for Person with Disability candidates.
- Fees once paid will not be refunded at any circumstances.
DGLL Application Form 2012 :
- Online Submission : The candidates have the option to fill up and submit their application online from 1st January, 2013 to 31st January, 2013. For this, they should visit the website www.dgllnoida.gov.in in Recruitment Section and fill up their detailed Bio – date in the application format and upload the applicable scanned document, colour photograph & signature. They should take printout of application and must sign at the prescribed places & sent along with requisite fees, certificates & enclosures before the closing date. For details please visit the website. The last date for Online Submission for all candidates including those residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti Districts and Pangi sub – division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Anandman, Nicobar and Lakshwadeep Islands is 31st January, 2013 upto 17.00 Hrs. The DLL will not be responsible for any technical problems that may arise which may prevent or deny access for the submission of Online application.
- Offline Submission : The application format as per Annexure – 1 ( which can be down loaded from the above site ) should be filled by the candidate in his / her own handwriting with blue or black ball point pen ( not in pencil, fountain pen or gel pen ) dated and signed. Only international numerical i.e. 1, 2, 3 etc. should be used. The application form should be filled strictly observing all the instructions given in the Centralized Employment Notice. The candidate should affix his / her normal signature in the application form. Application singed in capital / spaced out letter will be treated as invalid.
- The candidate’s Name, Address with Pin Code, Date of Birth, Father’s Name and nearest Railway Station should be written legibly in English in bold capital letters.
- Photographs : One recent ( not earlier than three months from the date of application ) colour photograph of size 3.5 cm x 3.5 cm with clear visibility of face and a portion of shoulder should be pasted on the application form in the space provided. The back ground of the photo with white or light colour is more preferable. The face should be at the centre of the photography. The eyes shall be clearly visible in photo. Photo with Cap / Hat and photos taken head covered with clothes ( except which is related to religious vow ) and photos with goggles, and photos with partial visibility of face are not accepted. Those who are using spectacles for vision correction should take the photo wearing the spectacles. Xerox copy of photograph is not permitted. The candidate should sign in the space provided in the box below photograph ( automatically appear in case of online application ). One identical extra colour photograph should be enclosed with the application, indicating candidate’s name and category on the reverse of the photograph. Candidate may note that the DLL may reject at any stage for pasting old / unclear photograph on the application or for any significant variations between photographs pasted in the application and the actual physical appearance of the candidate.
- Applications which are not in prescribed format, illegible, incomplete, unsigned, signed in capital letters, without colour photo of candidate, not having DD / IPO or having IPO / DD purchase before date of issue or after closing date of Centralized Employment Notice are liable to be rejected.
- The envelope containing the application should be clearly super – scribed “Application for the post of Navigational Assistant Grade III”, Centralized Employment Notice No. 01 / 2012. Community ( UR / SC / ST / OBC / PWD / Ex – SM).
General Instructions :
- Before applying for the post, the candidate should ensure that he / she fulfills all the eligibility norms. The candidate should have the requisite Educational / Technical qualification from recognized University / Institute as on the 31st January, 2013. Those awaiting results of the final examination need not apply.
- Candidate may apply online on www.dgllnoida.gov.in in Recruitment and take printout of application submitted or candidate should fill up the application in his / her handwriting and must sign at the prescribed places. Application should be in good quality A – 4 size paper using one side only. Employment News or any Newspaper cutting should not be used as application. The candidates purchasing printed application from the market should ensure that it conforms to the prescribed format published in the Centralized Employment Notice. The candidate can also download the application format from the website. The candidates who submit application online as well as offline should send their application sufficiently in advance before the closing date. The DLL will not be responsible for any postal delay / wrong delivery at any stage of the selection process.
- The candidates are required to sign in English or Hindi in the prescribed places provided in Application Form. The signature on Application Form, Information Sheet, Answer Sheet, Question Booklet and other places should be identical. The signature must be in running hand and not in block capital or disjointed letters. Signature at the time of application, written examination and document verification in different style or language may result in cancellation of candidature.
- Candidate submitting more than one application for the post will be summarily rejected.
- Candidate should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation / Higher School Examination Certificate or an equivalent Certificate as on the date of submission of application will only be accepted.
- Vacancies of Ex – Servicemen and Persons with Disability ( PWD ) given in the above table are not separate but included in the total number of vacancies.
- The number of vacancies indicated in the Centralized Employment Notice is provisional and may increase or decrease depending upon the actual needs of the Administrative. The administration also reserves the right to cancel the notified vacancies at the discretion and such decision will be final and binding on all.
- Applications received will be short – listed on the basis of marks obtained in the essential qualification examination.
- Date of examination & call letters for written examination will be intimated to the candidates by post and the same will also be hosted on the website www.dgllnoida.gov.in at least one month prior to the written examination for the post. Centre for Examination will be indicated on the admit card. The Examination Centre will not be changed under any circumstances. The authority will not be responsible for any delay / wrong delivery of call letters. The candidates are advised to visit the website from time to time.
- The candidates who are successful in the written examination will be called for the interview. No TA or other expenses will be admissible to the candidates for appearing in the written examination / interview except to unemployed SC / ST & Person with Disability candidates who will be reimbursed the fares as admissible under the Rules.
- Emoluments on initial appointment will be minimum in the pay band plus grade pay plus other allowances as applicable at that time.
- While all candidates irrespective of community may be considered against UR vacancies. However, against the vacancies earmarked for specific community SC / ST / OBC, only candidates belonging to that community will be considered. For this purpose, SC / ST / OBC candidates should furnish Caste Certificate from competent authorities per the Format given at Annexure – 2 ( for SC / St candidates ) and Annexure – 3 ( for OBC candidates ) only. Further, in case of OBC candidates, the certificates should specifically indicate that the candidate does not belong to the Persons / Sections ( Creamy Layer ) mentioned in Col.3 of the Schedule of the Government of India, Department of Personnel and Training per admissible rules . The OBC candidate should enclose self declaration of non – creamy layer status in the Proforma as given in Annexure – 4.
- Candidate who wishes to be considered against vacancies reserved and / or seek age relaxation must submit requisite certificate from the competent authority and self declaration of non – creamy layer status in case of OBCs in the prescribed format along with the application form itself. Otherwise, their claim for reserved status will not be entertained and the candidature / application of such candidate fulfilling all eligibility conditions for General ( UR ) category will be considered under General ( UR ) category only.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC who fulfill required qualification / technical qualification can also apply against UR vacancies. They will, however have to compete with the UR candidates. No age relaxation will be allowed to such SC / ST / OBC candidates applying against UR vacancies.
- Final selected candidates are suppose to serve at any Light house station including remote and island locations and liable to be transferred anywhere in India away from the headquarters.